In January 2011 I created a web-series entitled “TopNotch” Male Style Tips. The focal point of this YouTube based series is to teach young men not only how to dress; but to give them insight into how to succeed in many areas of manhood. In addition to having access to the YouTube series there will be an “Exclusives” section of videos that are tailored directly to this blog. In addition, starting in late 2012 I released a mini-series entitled “TopNotch” Rants. This mini-series focuses on things that irritate me about the male style world from sagging to not shaving unruly facial hair.
Episode release schedule: Every other Thursday* for full episodes while rants and quick tips are released sporadically.
Usual run time: 3-6 minutes
View my latest episode on Does Clothing BRAND Matter? :
Dexter Johnson talks clothing brands. Does the brand of the clothing item you buy really matter?
“Style, Fitness, Health & Well-Being” — this is what defines TopNotch Male Style Tips.
Key Points for picking out a brand:
- Comfort of the clothing
- What style of item are you looking to buy?
- Durability. Will more expensive clothes hold up to more wears?
Previous episode list:
- Nose Hair Maintenance (S4: Lesson 1 11.27.13)
- How to Wash Dress Socks (S4: Lesson 2 2.15.14)
- The Male Toiletry Bag (S4: Lesson 3 7.19.14)
- Finding A Gym (S4: Lesson 4 8.20.14)
- Dressing for an Interview (S3: Lesson 1 5.12.12)
- Dressing Appropriately (S3: Lesson 2 5.29.12)
- Hanger Choice and Your Wardrobe (S3: Lesson 3 6.21.12)
- Importance of Trying on Your Clothes “Being A Man” (S3: Lesson 4 7.19.12)
- Picking Out Your Clothes “Being A Man” (S3: Lesson 5 8.28.12)
- Guide to Ironing Your Clothes “Being A Man” (S3: Lesson 6 9.17.12)
- Dry Cleaning Explained; Dryel Review (S3: Lesson 7 9.30.12)
- Socks! Are they that Important? (S3: Lesson 8 11.5.12)
- What to Wear to a Party or Social Event (S3: Lesson 9 1.5.13)
- How to Shine Your Shoes (S3: Lesson 10 4.8.13)
- Fitness and Style (S3: Lesson 11 6.12.13) )
- Flat-Front Versus Pleated Pants (S2: Lesson1- 7.10.11)
- Cardigans, Sweaters & Sweatervests (S2: Lesson2 10.21.11)
- Versatile V Necks and Fail of the Week! (S2: Lesson 3 11.5.11)
- Layering For Style (S2: Lesson 4 11.12.11)
- Winter Facial Hair Tips (S2: Lesson 5 12.14.11)
- Scarf Guide 101 (S2: Lesson 6 12.29.11)
- Men’s Facial Wash & Cleansers (S2: Lesson 7 1.4.12)
- How to Tie a Bowtie …Ties Revisited (S2: Lesson 8 1.10.12)
- Pocket Squares 101 (S2: Lesson 9 2.20.12)
- Men’s Sportcoat and Blazer Guide (S2: Lesson 10 3.5.12)
- Men’s Deodorant & Antiperspirants (S2: Lesson 11 3.23.12)
- How to Roll Shirt Sleeves and Proper Cuffing Techniques (S2: Lesson 12 3.30.12)
- To Flip or To Flop? Should a Man wear flip-flops? (S2: Lesson 13 4.18.12)
- Ties, Styles and How To Tie Them (Lesson 3- 2.16.11)
- Must Have Accessories for Guys (Lesson 4- 3.1.11)
- Top 5 Fashion Mistakes (Lesson 5- 3.13.11)
- Preparing Your Wardrobe for Spring (Lesson 6- 3.22.11)
- Budget Shopping (Lesson 7- 3.29.11)
- Establishing Your Scent (Lesson 8- 4.23.11)
- Style Confidence (Lesson 9- 5.18.11)
TopNotch Rants episode list:
- Sagging (Pull Your Pants Up)
- SWAG (Worst Style Word Ever!)
- Not Caring About Your Appearance
- Not Shaving Facial Hair
- Being Lazy
- Lacking Self-Confidence
- Sticking To The “Norm”
- Not Washing Hands After Using the Restroom
*Friday release schedule may change due to various activities I may have going on for personal reasons, although I will try to stick to it!